Our company was founded by William Bagnall, who worked as a plumber, and Gerry Morris, who worked as a builder, both for the Wirral Gas Board. Having decided to leave their jobs to venture out on their own, Bagnall & Morris was incorporated on 5th July 1954.
The first, and initially only, contract the company signed was with the Gas Board, installing pipes and connecting private housing to the gas mains.
In 1984, Ken Curtis, a good friend and ex-colleague of Bill Bagnall, took the reins and began to seek further growth opportunities for the company. Highway maintenance contracts were secured, first with Wirral Borough Council and shortly thereafter, Sefton, Halton, Flintshire and Lancashire. Over the next few years, gulley cleansing contracts in Wirral, Norfolk and Suffolk were agreed. Leading to the company’s presence in these regions being firmly established.
In 1999, B&M Waste Services was incorporated and since then, we have gone from strength to strength, growing our operations and depot facilities throughout the UK, and steadily adding complementary services to our total waste management portfolio. We are still owned and managed by the Curtis family who have revolutionised the waste management business, creating a recycling focused, award-winning company that maintains strong links to our regional communities whilst we pursue our mutual continued success. In 2021, we celebrated our tenth year operating as carbon neutral and are now Carbon Neutral Plus accredited.